There's nothing quite like sipping a hot drink after being out in the cold, and with this recipe you can skip the drive-through at your local coffee joint. We're willing to bet that many of us share a fun memory of coming in from playing for hours in the snow to warm hot chocolate waiting for us on the table. We say, hot chocolate isn't just for kids! We didn't mention it but if you really need your 'Joe', sneak in a shot of espresso ;)
Enter the ChagaLatte.
An upgraded hot chaga-chocolate that will not only warm you up but also provide you with a suite of health benefits to keep you thriving the rest of the day and beyond!
Cozy up by a crackling fire, sip your ChagaLatte and enjoy the following benefits to your overall health and wellness:
Enduring, sustained energy (no sugary crashes, here!)
Immune system balance and fortification (no germs are getting past the Chaga force field!)
A healing and anti-aging antioxidant boost (Chaga possesses an ORAC score greater than blueberry extract)
And perhaps your ChagaLatte will even trigger some of those fond childhood memories….
- 1.5 liter of first boiling of Wild Chaga (boiled/decocted for 2 hours with springwater)
- 3 heaping tablespoons Ghee or Pastured butter
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 3 heaping tablespoons Cacao Butter
- 5 tablespoons raw Cacao Powder
- 3 tablespoons Lucuma
- 2 tablespoons Mesquite
- 3 heaping tablespoons Surthrival Colostrum (this together with the ghee/butter is the magic to this recipes creaminess)
- 3 teaspoons Mucuna
- 3 teaspoons He Shou Wu
- Bonus: Add a dropperful of Surthrival Chaga Extract for a super-charged boost
Finish it off with a pinch of sea salt and 2 tablespoons of honey. Blend everything in a blender, pour, kick up your feet and enjoy every sip! If you prefer taking your beverage out into the cold with you, grab yourself a Surthrival Holdster with Cuppow lid!
Recipe by Robin Hedstrom.